“The Belt and Road” Shaanxi Xi’an (Samsung)·2019 City Wall International Marathon kicked off in Xi’an, Shaanxi province, China at 8:30 a.m. on April 20, 2019, bringing together 5,000 runners from 28 countries and regions worldwide, including Britain, China, Germany, South Korea and the US. The event is managed exclusively by Amazing China Sports Management Co., Ltd.
Xi’an City Wall
he fortifications of Xi’an, also known as Xi’an City Wall, have deep historical and cultural roots and attract millions of Chinese and international tourists every year. The event has increased the wall’s appeal to the many runners as the world’s only marathon that is held along a complete ancient city wall. With the Xin Dynasty, one of the important periods in Chinese history, as the creative background, this year’s city wall marathon is a combination of traditional culture and fashion.
Xi’an City Wall is one of the best preserved and one of the few still fully intact ancient Chinese city fortifications. It is also a historical and cultural heritage that needs the collective protection of all Chinese citizens. This year, Xi’an City Wall Conservation Foundation and the organizing committee of the City Wall International Marathon worked together to include the City Wall Guardian Program in the event, contributing to the city’s efforts to protect the cultural relics that are the City Wall and preserve traditional culture related to the fortifications.
SOURCE: Amazing China Sports Management Co., Ltd.
Referenced by ESN, event sharing network:
- The China International E-commerce Expo 2019 & Digital Trade Expo (International E-commerce Expo) opened in Yiwu International Expo Center on April 11
- Asia’s largest Spring Electronics Fair and ICT Expo open today: Smart city solutions, 150 start-ups, AI and voice recognition take centre stage
- Cvent and InterContinental San Diego Kick Off First Elite Meetings Alliance Event, April 13-5 2019, InterContinental San Diego
- Cvent Announces Renowned Restaurateur and Humanitarian, José Andrés, as a Keynote Speaker for its Annual User Conference Cvent CONNECT, July 8 – 11 2019, the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Decommissioning & Abandonment Summit, March 26-27 2019, in Houston, Texas
- Hyosung Chairman Cho Hyun-Joon Holds ‘Insight Forum’ for In-House Leaders
- National Small Business Week Hosts Second Annual Virtual Conference
- Bluetooth Asia 2019, 23-24 May 2019, Shenzhen Convention and Exhibition Center, Shenzhen, China
- Multichannel Merchant eCommerce Operations Summit, conference and expo, April 9 – 11, Greater Columbus Convention Center, Columbus, Ohio
- 11th HKTDC Hong Kong International Lighting Fair (Spring Edition) welcomes 21,000 buyers: New technologies point to bright prospects for smart lighting
- Global nonprofit AnitaB.org will host a Women & Allies Lounge at ASU-GSV Summit in San Diego, California April 8-10, 2019
- European Cannabis Week, 23rd – 29th June 2019: A Diverse Programme of Events Exploring the Politics, Culture and Commerce of Cannabis, Hosted in Venues Across London
- KPMG’s 17th Annual Global Energy Conference, June 5-6 2019, Houston, Texas
- 2019 Cotiviti Client Conference (CCC19), April 10–12, 2019, Naples, Florida
- 18th Shanghai International Automobile Industry Exhibition, April 18 – 25, 2019, Shanghai, China
- APM Forum 2019 focus on digitalisation for the process industries
- The 22nd China P&E (International Photograph & Electrical Imaging Machinery and Technology Fair) will be held in Beijing Exhibition Centre from April 12 to 15, 2019
- International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA) Holds its 34th Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Hong Kong from Tuesday April 9 until Thursday April 11 2019
- China Pharma Week will take place for the third time this year on June 17 – 21 2019 in Shanghai
- South China’s largest B2B fair for food industry, IFE China, will be held at the China Import and Export Fair Complex in Guangzhou on 26 -28 June 2019
- Newegg Seller Summit Coming to London June 11, 2019: Gathering Will Provide Launchpad for Merchants to Connect with Consumers from Around the World
- Boat Maryland Week, April 26 – May 5, 2019
- The Sarasota Chalk Festival (SCF) returns to the streets of Burns Square, downtown Sarasota for the April 5 – 7, 2019 festival that will host 50 national and international pavement artists
- The Inaugural Florida Industrial Hemp Conference & Exhibition (FIHCE 2019) will be held November 3-5, 2019, at the Rosen Centre Hotel located in Orlando, Florida, USA
- ENA Brings Spring Educational Symposium to Seattle: April 25-26 2019 event features sessions on caring for LGBTQ community and disaster response
- L’Oréal Professionnel Kicks Off Its 110 Year Anniversary Celebrations With a Star-studded Opening Party at the Iconic Carrousel Du Louvre in Paris
- The HKTDC Hong Kong International Lighting Fair (Spring Edition), 6 to 9 April 2019, Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
- H-20 Government Summit, March 12, 2019, Lisbon, Portugal
- The 2019 OurCrowd Global Investor Summit, taking place March 7th in Jerusalem, Israel
- The Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency’s Housing Conference, May 8-9 2018, Hilton Harrisburg
- VetsinTech to host The Invasion in San Francisco on March 8-9, 2019: 2nd annual conference will connect over 500 Veterans with unique networking opportunities and access to the tech ecosystem in Silicon Valley and beyond
- Sea Asia 2019 will take place in Singapore from 9 – 11 April 2019 at the Marina Bay Sands
- Wolves Summit Warsaw: International Networking Around Innovation, 19–20 March 2019, Warsaw, Poland
- By The People Festival, Washington, D.C.’s largest international arts and civic dialogue event, returns for its second year June 15-23 2019
- ECFC Hosts 38th Annual Conference on Healthcare Consumerism with Focus on Educating New Members of Congress, March 20-22, 2019 in Washington, D.C.