“Tamsui-Kavalan Historical and Cultural Trails,” a promotional film directed by notable designer Xiao Qing-yang, had been screened at the inaugural World Trails Film Festival hold by the World Trails Network on Sept. 26 through 29 in Spain.
“Tamsui-Kavalan Historical and Cultural Trails,” which is commissioned by the New Taipei City Government, showcases the Tamsui-Kavalan mountain trails from cultural aspects of its relationship with ancestors of Taiwan through incorporating different elements, including traditional glove puppet show, traditional Chinese music, and eco-craft trail, allowing the world to gain insights into the trails and the secret treasury of the west Pacific Ocean.
“We selected this film because we saw how these people constructed and care for the Tamshui-Kavalan mountain trails. The cultural perspective also allows us to see the beauty and sustainability of the trail,” noted Chairman Galeo Saintz of the World Trails Network.
The film was highly acclaimed by viewers, including those from trail associations and hikers around the world, who expressed their wish to visit the beautiful cultural trail of Taiwan after watching the film.
At the 7th World Trails Conference and the World Trails Film Festival, the Taiwan Thousand Miles Trail Association also presented a paper for audiences to gain a better understanding of the historic and cultural trail.
As Taiwan was once a critical stronghold on the map during the Age of Discovery, the Tamsui-Kavalan Historical and Cultural Trails has played an important role in the development of northern Taiwan, and served as a cultural path to connect Taiwan with the world. In the future, the Tamsui-Kavalan Historical and Cultural Trails will offer more options of routes to make it a must-visit destination for tourists to learn more about Taiwan, according to the New Taipei City.
The other five films screened at the festival were “Jordan Trail” (Jordan), “Ride of the Dead” (Mexico), “This Is Not a Beautiful Hiking Video” (US), “Trail Hunter” (South Africa), and “Trilha Transcarioca” (Brazil).
To view “Tamsui-Kavalan Historical and Cultural Trails,” please visit https://goo.gl/HZEF3w
More media events:
- International Expo for Publishing and Content Management begins tomorrow in Berlin
- Reshape recognises the new 3D designers at IN(3D)USTRY
- Experience XR: DCX enters into strategic partnership with EDFVR
- #iChooseHope to Be Screened at the Justice Film Festival in New York
- Catalina Film Festival Wraps 8th annual Catalina Film Festival (CFF)
- Digital Book World Announces the Winners of the 2018 DBW Awards
- SOTI Awards Top Channel Performers at 2018 SOTI SYNC Customer and Partner Conference
- Fiesta Nacional de España 2018: Friday, October 12 is the National Day of Spain
- Be Moved, Thrilled, And Motivated By Student Finalists’ Captivating Films In Fifth Annual IES Abroad Study Abroad Film Festival
- 2019 USA Edition of Break The Ceiling Touch The Sky(R) – The Success And Leadership Summit For Women to be Held in New York in Feb 2019
- IoT Solutions World Congress will focus on the role of Women with the Women Leadership in IoT panel
- Amazon Prime, HBO & Now TV Face Decreasing Audiences, as Abandonment Rates Outpace Adoption
- New partnership agreement between IX Reach and TeleData brings cloud connectivity options direct to Manchester data centre
- Press registration for the 2018 Smart City Expo World Congress is now open
- OPENING PRESS CONFERENCE OF IFRA and DCX 2018, Berlin, Germany